ReVamp is a technical assistance program that provides individual companies free strategic planning as well as up to $20,000 in implementation grant funding. ReVamp is open to motorsports teams and component manufacturers with five or more employees. Preference will be given to teams and manufacturers whose workforce or revenue will be impacted by the shift to the Next Gen Race Car.
ReVamp has four key components:
- Industry Expansion Solutions at NCSU (IES) staff will work with participating teams or manufacturers through an assessment process that includes a SWOT analysis and a Competitiveness Review at no cost (a $5,800 value to the company).
- The team or manufacturer must be willing to implement some of those next steps. Possible steps could include the development of new websites, pursuing quality certifications, or even lean training for staff.
- Waste Reduction Partners staff provide each participating company a free waste and energy assessment (a $500 value to the company).
- IES follows up with each manufacturer to assess the economic impact of having gone through the program.
Iredell County and the Town of Mooresville is providing dollar-for-dollar implementation grants up to $20,000. Grant funding can be used to implement recommendations made by IES as a result of the initial assessment process. To determine if your company qualifies for the technical assistance grant, click here.
Want to participate in ReVamp? Download your application here. Questions? Contact Matthew Pierce, Matthew@iredelledc.com or 704-799-5869.
ReGen is a series of virtual and in-person gatherings for local employers and industry. Industry and subject matter experts will provide tools and insights on how to pivot to serve new markets. ReGen gatherings occur every third Wednesday from May through September 2021. ReGen gatherings are open to all motorsports teams and component manufacturers.
- Wednesday, May 19th—(WEBINAR) David Holden of MSI Defense Solutions (Mooresville) along with Bob Ucman and Todd English of Roush Yates Engines will discuss the paths toward diversifications their companies have taken along with insights about the process.
- Wednesday, June 16th—Three organizations that help manufacturers pivot—Strategic Marketing International, RTI Innovation Advisors, and the National Center for Economic Gardening—will discuss their services and how they can assist companies match their current capacities to new markets. Register for this webinar here.
- Wednesday, July 21st —Scott Dorney, Executive Director of the North Carolina Military Business Center, and his team will be presenting on how to get into military defense contracting. Register for this webinar here.
- Wednesday, August 18th—OPEN (Topic to be determined in conversation with ReGen participants). Register for this webinar here.
- Wednesday, September 15th—OPEN (Topic to be determined in conversation with ReGen participants). Register for this webinar here.
ReGen is a partnership of Iredell EDC, Cabarrus EDC, Industry Expansion Solutions at North Carolina State, and the Small Business and Technology Development Center at UNC-Charlotte. To learn about the webinar, contact Matthew Lawrence Pierce, Director of Business Retention & Expansion at 704-799-5863.