Corporate Executives Share Insights On What Works in Economic Development Marketing
Conducted by Development Counsellors International (DCI) every three years, the “Winning Strategies in Economic Development Marketing” survey was released at the International Economic Development Council Annual Conference, being held virtually from Dallas, October 13-16.
Key findings from DCI’s broader 2020 survey, which had 316 respondents, include:
- North Carolina ranks No. 3 among respondents identifying states with the best business climate.
- Access to skilled talent remains the top location factor in site selection searches.
- Certain locations across the country are at a disadvantage during the pandemic. Nearly 50% of respondents report that “large urban areas (cities with population more than 1 million)” are less attractive as business locations in light of COVID-19.
- Even amidst the pandemic, companies are moving forward with location decisions. Fifty-five percent of respondents reported that their company will make a location decision (such as move, expand or consolidate) during the next 24 months ― 5 percentage points up from 2017.
- The Charlotte Regional Business Alliance was ranked #3 for Best in Class Regional EDOs
- The Economic Development Partnership of NC was ranked #1 for Best in Class for State EDOs
Visit here to download a free copy of the “Winning Strategies” report.