Carolina Region Market Report for September 2023
Provided by Rachel Brumfield, VP Corporate Services, Allen Tate Corporate Services
The September 2023 Carolina Region Market Report is now available. The extremes in the market seen in 2020-2021, due to low interest rates and the pandemic, continue to adjust from the extreme seller’s market to what we are experiencing in 2023:
- Buyer demand has stabilized, but sales are down 20% to 25%.
- The “normal” Spring Market of new listings didn’t happen.
- The great housing price reset. Prices are not depreciating – they are decelerating.
- Mortgage rates continue to increase and are at the highest levels in 20 years.
- Sales have decreased 20% in 2023 – equivalent to 2019 levels
Download the full report: September 2023 Carolina Region Market Report.