Businesses with access to qualified talent have a strategic advantage. With increasing demand for skilled workers in manufacturing and other industries, building a talented, well-educated supply chain—and developing and retaining that talent over time—will help fuel your business growth and longevity.
- North Carolina is an “at-will” employment state and one of 23 states with a “Right-To-Work” law. An employer may not require an employee to join a union or refrain from joining a union or labor organization as a condition of employment or continuation of employment by the employer.
- Companies creating new jobs in excess of their previous employment level may be eligible for customized training funds through the North Carolina Community College System. Resources may support training assessment, program development, instructional cost, and training delivery for new frontline personnel.
- North Carolina Manufacturing Institute is a collaboration between private and public sector partners to build a clear and achievable pathway for people to acquire skills needed to access good manufacturing jobs. NCMI is offered in Iredell, Rowan, and Cabarrus Counties.
- On-the-Job Training provides a means of expanding and enhancing workforce services. OJT is a viable way for unemployed workers seeking employment and their prospective employers seeking workers to offset initial training costs to fill skilled positions. Click here for the On-The Job Training Fact Sheet.
- The NCWorks Career Center is available to assist your company by helping you find qualified candidates. Iredell County has two career centers to support your needs. Click here for more information about NCWork On-line and the career center services.
- Upskills Carolina provides training resources and funding for new and existing employees by offering training instruction on site as well as in the classrooms of the community and other training venues. Upskills overview click here.
Your company needs talented employees to grow and thrive, download our business resource guide with additional workforce solutions.